About Govt. Polytechnic College, Kargil
Govt. Polytechnic Kargil established in the year 2005 in the remote of the Jammu and Kashmir state which remains cut from main land for six months during winter. The Institution aims to train youth of the area in the Latest Technology like Computer and IT to keep them at pace with youths of the main land.
The State Government with the assistance of World Bank has established the Polytechnic in the District in order to cater to the needs and requirements of aspiring youth in the field of Technical Education. The Polytechnic has been working in the District since 2005. The Polytechnic started its functioning in the DIET Kargil and shifted to main campus in 2011.
Govt. Polytechnic Kargil , established in the specific border area by the state Government of J&K, in the year 2005 to provide superior Technical Education diploma Engineering programmes approved by the AICTE.
The main goals of the Institute are to empower remote area’s youth through Technological Education in the discipline of Computer, Information Technology and Electrical Engineering.
The goals of the Institution are to accomplish :
- Provide need basis quality Technical Education.
- Providing need basis training and development opportunities for faculty and staff.
- Introduction of more diploma programmes to meet the technological requirements of the area in relevant areas of engineering.
- Attaining academic, managerial , administrative and financial autonomy.
- Mounting Entrepreneurship communication skill in the students.
- Enhancing students to job placement.
- Humanizing Instructional effectiveness by using a variety of instructional methods and aims.
Govt. Polytechnic Kargil endeavours to deliver Job-Oriented , flexible and need basis quality Technical Education and training programmes with the object to bring a new era of progress and substantial growth.
With both formal and non-formal programmes included in its training packages, the Institution aims to produce quality technicians , with competencies consistent with changing trends of the Industry.
The Institution will adapt itself to changing global scenario through e-governance an deliver much of its education and training through a variety of delivery modes included web based instruction.
Continuing education programmes will be organised to meet the education and skill development needs of the community. The Institution will thus enthusiastically implement Strategies aimed at elevating the style and standard of living of the community while generating revenue for intuitional development. This will ultimately leads to autonomy and self-sustenance.
A Networking system with national and International Technical Education Institutions and industry will be developed to ensure efficiency and effectiveness in all the activities of the Polytechnic. .
- Govt. Polytechnic Kargil established in the specific remote border area by the State Government of J&K, in 2005 to provide superior Technical Education diploma engineering Programmes by AICTE.
- Developing the remote youths of Kargil District in Technical Education.
- Provide need-based high quality Technical Education.
- Modern Institutional facilities advanced Laboratories and workshop.
- Attaining academic , managerial , administrative and financial autonomy.
- Enhancing Student to Job Placement.
- Start more diploma programmes to meet the technological requirement of the area in relevant areas of engineering